Christmas 2012

Leading up to Christmas we went to London for a couple of days, not really do shop but just have a look around. I wanted to take the girls to Camden Market. We had a fab time, loved Camden and if anyone had said we could spend the whole day there I would not have believed them, but we did and we loved it ๐Ÿ™‚ The girls bought themselves some gorgeous hand painted pumps and a few other bits.

Christmas Eve Eve we went to the cinema to see The Hobbit. Brilliant film ๐Ÿ™‚

Christmas Eve morning we visited Wayne’s mum and the girls opened their presents as we would not be seeing them on Christmas day.


In the afternoon we prepared the veg for Christmas day, baked gingerbread stars and met friends for a walk round the village. Poppy helped set the table for Christmas day and left gingerbread biscuits and milk for Santa and an apple for Rudolph and the girls took themselves off to bed.



At 1am, just before Wayne and I were going to bed Poppy woke up and stayed awake until 2.30am!! Consequently I didn’t get to sleep until almost 3am and was woken by Poppy at 3.30am with her opening stocking presents!! Thankfully she went back to bed until about 7am which is when we all got up!

Present unwrapping before and after bucks fizz and a cooked breakfast. We all received some really lovely gifts. The girls declared this as their best Christmas ever!! They both received a laptop and a new phone as well as lots of other great things.



Awww ๐Ÿ™‚


Loved watching Skipper open his own presents ๐Ÿ™‚


And he does a good ‘Churchill’ impression ๐Ÿ™‚


Poppy and Wayne played Chess and we played Carcassonne which is currently my favourite game ๐Ÿ™‚



Mum and Dad came for Christmas dinner and we had fun with some musical crackers. Every cracker contains a different musical whistle and you are supplied with music and a conductor’s baton. One person ‘conducts’ and the others play. A lot more difficult that you would imagine but it made us giggle ๐Ÿ™‚ Thank you Colet and Dave ๐Ÿ™‚






Boxing day we were supposed to spend the afternoon with friends but unfortunately they were unwell so we spent the day gaming, and sorting ready for F’s arrival the following day!

With hindsight we would have gone later to London as none of us were particularly in the mood for wandering around and so spent about 2 hrs drinking coffee, chatting and keeping warm! We met F and her family at their hotel at 5pm and then went for a very lovely meal in Covent Garden which was delish ๐Ÿ™‚

We said our goodbyes and made our way home with F, her guitar and luggage in tow ๐Ÿ™‚


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: